PTW IEC_61363 Short Circuit
The IEC_61363 Short Circuit Study
module calculates the current that flows in an electrical
power system under abnormal conditions. These currents must be
calculated in order to
adequately specify electrical apparatus withstand and interrupt ratings
coordinate time current characteristics of electrical protective
The IEC_61363 Short Circuit study
represents conditions that may affect typical marine or
offshore installations more significantly than land-based systems,
including more emphasis
on generator and motor decay.
The calculation methods are
intended for use on unmeshed three-phase a.c. systems
operating at 50Hz or 60Hz; having any system voltage specified in IEC
60092-201 table 2;
having one or more different voltage levels; comprising generators,
reactors, cables and converter units; having their neutral point
connected to the ship’s hull
through an impedance; or having their neutral point isolated from the
PTW IEC_61363 Short Circuit Study
- 1. Save time by easily obtaining the short
circuit magnitude at each point in the power system.
- 2. Design safer systems by comparing the
calculated fault current to the ratings of installed equipment.
- 3. Increase design reliability by supporting
proper selection of circuit protection equipment for protection and
- 4. Reports ac and dc current for 4 user defined
- 5. Reports zero crossing time of total current.
- Using Existing IEC909 input data with minimum
IEC363 specified data required.
- Study report options to include different
levels of calculation detail.
- Options to use Load Flow Results, Per Unit U0
(I0=0), or Rated U0 and I0 as the initial voltage and current.