PTW IEC_60909 Short Circuit Study
PTW IEC_60909 calculates short-circuit currents using the equivalent voltage source as required by the IEC 60909 standard. With PTW IEC_60909, three-phase and unbalanced fault duties for electrical power systems are calculated in compliance with the IEC 60909 standards for low, medium, and high voltage systems.
- 1. Design safer systems utilizing IEC-rated equipment by complying with IEC 60909
standard for short circuit current determination.
- 2. Improve accuracy by using load flow results or voltage factor table to assign system
- 3. Eliminate duplicate entry by sharing the same project database and one-line diagrams
with other PTW study modules.
- 4. Communicate effectively with one-line datablocks and tabular reports.
- Three phase, single-line to earth, double-line to earth, and line to line faults.
- Earth return current for double line to earth faults.
- Options to use load flow results or voltage factor table for assigning system prefault voltages.
- Models transformer and generator earthing impedances.
- Models transformer taps in all three sequence networks.
- Complete representation of the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks.
- Calculates near/far and meshed/non-meshed status for each source.
- Reports positive, negative, and zero sequence Thevenin impedance at each bus.
- Reports total initial symmetrical apparent power S"k.
- Reports total asymmetrical breaking current, Ib at user defined Tminimum.
- Reports total steady state apparent power Sk.
- Reports total initial symmetrical current I"k.
- Reports total aperiodic component of short circuit current, idc at Tminimum.
- Reports total peak current, ip.
- Reports symmetrical breaking current, Ib at user defined Tminimum.
- Reports steady state symmetrical current, Ik.
- Reports system branch flows to each fault location.