PTW IEC_60909 Short Circuit
PTW IEC_60909 calculates
short-circuit currents using the equivalent voltage source as required
by the IEC 60909 standard. With PTW IEC_60909, three-phase and
unbalanced fault duties for electrical power systems are calculated in
compliance with the IEC 60909 standards for low, medium, and high
- 1. Design safer systems utilizing IEC-rated
equipment by complying with IEC 60909
standard for short circuit current determination.
- 2. Improve accuracy by using load flow results
or voltage factor table to assign system
- 3. Eliminate duplicate entry by sharing the
same project database and one-line diagrams
with other PTW study modules.
- 4. Communicate effectively with one-line
datablocks and tabular reports.
- Three phase, single-line to earth, double-line
to earth, and line to line faults.
- Earth return current for double line to earth
- Options to use load flow results or voltage
factor table for assigning system prefault voltages.
- Models transformer and generator earthing
- Models transformer taps in all three sequence
- Complete representation of the positive,
negative, and zero sequence networks.
- Calculates near/far and meshed/non-meshed
status for each source.
- Reports positive, negative, and zero sequence
Thevenin impedance at each bus.
- Reports total initial symmetrical apparent
- Reports total asymmetrical breaking current, Ib
at user defined Tminimum.
- Reports total steady state apparent power Sk.
- Reports total initial symmetrical current I"k.
- Reports total aperiodic component of short
circuit current, idc at Tminimum.
- Reports total peak current, ip.
- Reports symmetrical breaking current, Ib at
user defined Tminimum.
- Reports steady state symmetrical current, Ik.
- Reports system branch flows to each fault