Electrical Grounding Analysis
SKM GroundMat is a program
for substation ground grid design and analysis. It is designed to help
optimize grid design or reinforce existing grids of any shape. It uses
a general-purpose finite element algorithm for potential analysis and
graphical facilities to validate ground system efficiency.
- 1. Design safer and more cost effective ground
- 2. Save time with graphical entry and display.
- 3. Communicate designs more easily with
professional reports and graphs.
- 4. Evaluate alternatives quickly and easily to
establish an optimal design.
- 5. Save time with design wizard capabilities.
- 6. PTW GroundMat is an important tool every
power system engineer should have.
- Finite element analysis of the ground
- Finite element analysis of the ground rods.
- Grid conductor current displacement using
- Earth model analysis from field measurements.
- User specified fault current.
- Grid and Ground potential analysis.
- Ability to analyze multiple ground systems.
- Ability to analyze the potential rise for each
grounding system including neighboring passive grids or rods.
- Safety analysis including surface materials,
based on body weight and exposure time.
- Option to use IEEE Std. 80 or IEC Std. 479 for
- Calculation of maximum permissible touch and
- Comprehensive report for grid and rod
- Comprehensive report for surface potential
analysis featuring station data and currents diffused to ground by the
- Danger point evaluation.
- Touch voltage, step voltage, and earth
- Create and store alternative designs with a
- Data entry for grid and rods in spreadsheet
- Data entry for earth model in spreadsheet
- Grid/rod/profile wizards to setup initial
- 3D/2D representation of grid and rod
- 3D display of touch voltage, step voltage, and
earth potential plots.
- Report viewer for text reports.
- Cut, copy and paste grid/rod segments in
- Range-checking for simulation parameters.
- User-defined thresholds for danger area
- User-defined color coding for graphical safety
- Metric and English units.
- Group print function.
Project setup Options:
- Stores multiple study revisions for each
- Expanding tree structure to manage project
- Input data and output results saved for each
- Copy, paste and rename study revisions to
compare alternative designs.
- Run studies for multiple study revisions as a