PTW Equipment Evaluation
The Equipment Evaluation
Study module compares protective device ratings with short-circuit
calculations. The program also checks for missing input data and
compares continuous ratings to calculated design and operating
conditions. Equipment that fails the evaluation are reported in table
form and color-coded by the one-line diagrams. As with all PTW study
modules, Equipment Evaluation uses the same project database,
integrating all balanced and unbalanced/single-phase study modules, and
allowing you to examine existing projects without additional input
- 1. Helps you design safer and more cost
effective power systems.
- 2. Reduces mistakes by systematically comparing
continuous and short circuit currents to equipment ratings.
- 3. Saves you time by making all de-rating
adjustments and by summarizing all of the necessary data into a single
- 4. Saves you time by flagging the equipment
that are in the marginal range or failed in the rating checks.
- 5. Saves you time by running all related
studies in one click.
- 6. Increases flexibility by allowing user
defined criteria for pass/marginal/fail.
- 7. Increases flexibility by evaluating short
circuit ratings, continuous ratings, or both.
- 8. Communicate designs more effectively with
professional reports and annotated one-line diagrams.
- Intuitive graphical interface enables
navigation of device type and generation of study results and reports.
- Study Results can be printed in a concise
Report format or exported to an Excel-compatible spreadsheet.
- Choose from Equipment Evaluation Reports and
Datablocks or graphically identify equipment that fails the evaluation
in a color-coded one line diagram.
- Clear and concise reporting of all equipment in
a system enables easy diagnosis of potential problems. Sort results by
device type, status, bus, voltage, ampacity, and more.
- Input data evaluation and reporting to identify
missing data or errors in input data.
- Continuous rating checks include cables,
transformers, transmission lines, buses, generators, protective
devices, panels, and protective devices on individual panel circuits.
- Short circuit interrupting and withstand rating
checks for protective devices, buses and schedules.
- Choose between balanced and unbalanced study
results, protection and non-protection device types.
- Choose between bus or branch fault study
results from ANSI, IEC, or comprehensive fault analysis methods for
- Equipment evaluations can be performed based
upon used-defined limits or system defaults.