PTW Reliability Program calculates
reliability indices and cost effects for alternative system
designs. Calculations include alternative supplies, alternative network
equipment, time to repair, and cost impact of lost production.
Libraries for time-adjusted
component failure rates and costs are provided to save time and
simplify system modeling.
- 1. Design more reliable power systems.
- 2. Save costs by identifying and correcting
system weaknesses efficiently and systematically.
- 3. Save time by using standard libraries of
time-adjusted failure rates and costs.
- 4. Communicate designs more easily with
professional reports and graphs.
- 5. Evaluate alternatives quickly and easily to
establish an optimal design.
- 6. Save time with pre-defined utility system
- Shares common interface with balanced DAPPER
studies, harmonic analysis, transient stability, equipment evaluation,
reliability, and CAPTOR protective coordination modules.
- Expanding tree structure to manage and compare
- User-defined time-based cost function for each
load lost in outage.
- Repair time specification for each systems
- Replace time and cost of spare specification
for each systems component.
- Permanent, active and temporary failure rates
for each transformer.
- Permanent and active failure rates for each
cable and cable termination.
- User-definable library of standard component
- User-definable library for default cost
function for loads lost in outage.
- Repair, replace and switching options
- Reliability indices reported at each load and
- IEEE indices reported at each protective
- Options to include or exclude switches, fuses
and load reliability in calculations.
- Option to repair or replace transformers.
- Cost evaluations for standard utility supply
- User-defined weighting preferences for
operation, reliability, maintenance, recovery and cost factors.
- User-defined aging factors for failure rate
and repair time.
- Reliability reports include MTTF, Failure
Rate, MTTR, Annual Outage, ENNS, ECOST.
- Cost evaluation reports include equipment
lists and costs for utility and distribution systems.
- Cost evaluation reports include summary value
based on user-defined weighting factors.