DC System Analysis
The DC System Analysis includes: Battery Sizing, DC Load Flow, DC Short Circuit (ANSI), and DC Short Circuit (IEC).
Comply with Industry Standards:
- Battery Sizing - IEEE standard 485 for sizing Lead-Acid batteries and IEEE standard 1115-2000 for sizing Nickel-Cadmium batteries, determines the size of batteries to supply the worse case DC duty cycle loads and AC emergency loads.
- DC Load Flow - Calculates power, current and voltage drop profiles. Represents constant kW, I, and Z, load types and evaluates all loading conditions for duty cycle loads and AC emergency loads.
- DC Short Circuit - ANSI standard 399 and 946, calculates the initial rate of rise and peak fault current.
- DC Short Circuit - IEC standard 61660, calculates the peak fault current, time constants, time to peak, and steady state conditions.
- Save time with intuitive scenario manager interface.
- Communicate designs effectively with graphical and text base results.
- Improve decisions by quickly comparing resulting curves from different scenarios.
- Increase productivity by modeling both DC and AC systems in a single project.
- Reduce mistakes by evaluating all loading conditions and duty cycle loads.
- Battery Sizing and Load Flow automatically calculates AC emergency loads and their impact on the DC system to help you design safer and more reliable systems.
DC Equipment Library:
- Battery Library - Rt Curve and Discharge Curve for Lead-Acid and Nickel-Cadmium batteries.
- DC Generator Library - Name Plate data, Transient Resistance and Inductance.
- DC Motor Library - Name Plate data, Transient Resistance and Inductance.
DC Component Types :
- Lead-Acid Battery
- Nickel-Cadmium Battery
- DC Cable
- DC Bus/Node
- DC Load
- DC Motor
- DC Generator
- DC-DC Converter
- DC Capacitor