CAPTOR Study Module
CAPTOR produces time versus current coordination drawings with one-line diagrams and setting reports. It lets you coordinate protective devices with interactive on-screen graphics, and provides a comprehensive library. You can print on preprinted graph paper or on plain paper with custom grids and layouts.
CAPTOR may be used on any electrical power system including utility, industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and process systems. Devices may be plotted at any voltage, current of application frequency. The most comprehensive library containing protective devices from
all of the popular equipment manufacturers is included. CAPTOR's advanced device modeling and curve fitting techniques make library additions fast and easy.
- 1. Design safer power systems by quickly and easily evaluating all devices for proper short circuit levels, and application within acceptable voltage ratings.
- 2. Save time with automatic TCC drawing and associated one-line creation from the main one-line diagram interface.
- 3. Create and design efficiently by using CAPTOR’s clone command to copy individual components, one-line diagrams, and TCC drawings.
- 4. Increase efficiency with fully customizable output organized to locate and interpret results quickly.
- 5. Eliminate errors by keeping all input data, one-line diagrams, TCC’s and study results in a single project database.
- 6. Communicate designs effectively with high quality graphical output and custom formats.
- Use the branch fault current protective devices at a single user defined fault location to
automatically terminate the curves and simulate sequential protection operations.
- Search across all TCCs or one-lines to identify which documents contain a specific device.
- Globally turn on/off device labels, short circuit flags, and datablocks for all TCCs in the project.
- Continuous display of TCC drawings with real-time graphical editing of device settings.
- An extensive library including thousands of protective devices created and validated by electrical engineers.
- A flexible library for adding new device entries makes it easy to add new devices and to match setting descriptions.
- Custom output layouts to position TCC, one-line, setting sheet, and company logo on a single page, and option to group print all TCCs in a single action to printer, clipboard, Metafile, or PDF.
- Full control over colors, fill patterns, line weights, grid density, fonts, data display, and axis scales, for high quality output.
- TCC Drawings and the associated one-lines are generated automatically from the main one-line or manually by adding new devices to a TCC.
- Plot multifunction relays and store both ‘as-found’ and ‘recommend’ settings, or ‘phase’ and ‘ground’ settings, and multiple protection functions in the same TCC.
- An on-screen locator to quickly display and evaluate clearing times between devices.
- Adjust device settings graphically by dragging curve segments on the TCC drawing with your mouse (movement is restricted to valid device settings).
- Display one-lines next to TCC drawings and apply different datablocks in both areas.
- Export multiple TCCs to DXF or AutoCAD Xrefs.