CAPTOR Study Module
CAPTOR produces time versus
current coordination drawings with one-line diagrams and setting
reports. It lets you coordinate protective devices with interactive
on-screen graphics, and provides a comprehensive library. You can print
on preprinted graph paper or on plain paper with custom grids and
CAPTOR may be used on any
electrical power system including utility, industrial, commercial,
manufacturing, and process systems. Devices may be plotted at any
voltage, current of application frequency. The most comprehensive
library containing protective devices from
all of the popular equipment manufacturers is included. CAPTOR's
advanced device modeling and curve fitting techniques make library
additions fast and easy.
- 1. Design safer power systems by quickly and
easily evaluating all devices for proper short circuit levels, and
application within acceptable
- 2. Save time with automatic TCC drawing and
associated one-line creation from the main one-line diagram interface.
- 3. Create and design efficiently by using
CAPTOR’s clone command to copy individual components, one-line
diagrams, and TCC drawings.
- 4. Increase efficiency with fully customizable
output organized to locate and interpret results quickly.
- 5. Eliminate errors by keeping all input data,
one-line diagrams, TCC’s and study results in a single project database.
- 6. Communicate designs effectively with high
quality graphical output and custom formats.
- Use the branch fault current protective devices
at a single user defined fault location to
automatically terminate the curves and simulate sequential protection
- Search across all TCCs or one-lines to identify
which documents contain a specific device.
- Globally turn on/off device labels, short
circuit flags, and datablocks for all TCCs in the project.
- Continuous display of TCC drawings with
real-time graphical editing of device settings.
- An extensive library including thousands of
protective devices created and validated by electrical engineers.
- A flexible library for adding new device
entries makes it easy to add new devices and to match setting
- Custom output layouts to position TCC,
one-line, setting sheet, and company logo on a single page, and option
to group print all TCCs in a single action to printer, clipboard,
Metafile, or PDF.
- Full control over colors, fill patterns, line
weights, grid density, fonts, data display, and axis scales, for high
- TCC Drawings and the associated one-lines are
generated automatically from the main one-line or manually by adding
new devices to a TCC.
- Plot multifunction relays and store both
‘as-found’ and ‘recommend’ settings, or ‘phase’ and ‘ground’ settings,
and multiple protection functions in the same TCC.
- An on-screen locator to quickly display and
evaluate clearing times between devices.
- Adjust device settings graphically by dragging
curve segments on the TCC drawing with your mouse (movement is
restricted to valid device settings).
- Display one-lines next to TCC drawings and
apply different datablocks in both areas.
- Export multiple TCCs to DXF or AutoCAD Xrefs.