Cable Ampacity module is
for accurate calculation of ampacity and temperature rise in various
power cable installations, which is an important part of power system
design and analysis. The calculation determines the proper cable
sizes to carry specified loads in designing new systems and upgrading
power cable installations. The software examines cable
temperature and ampacity in performing analysis of existing
systems. The accuracy of the calculation provides increased
confidence in the design, upgrading, and analysis projects. The
software is an efficient tool for making complex calculation tasks
straightforward and easy.
- The SKM Cable Ampacity module provides the
following steady state calculations:
- 1. Calculate cable ampacity given its maximum
- 2. Calculate cable maximum conductor
temperature given its ampacity
- All Calculations include the effect of heat
generated by the neighboring cables and external heat sources.
- Accurate calculation of cable ampacity and
temperature rise in various power cable installations.
- Based on and fully compliant with IEC 60287.
- Uses the Neher-McGrath approach where IEC
60287does not apply (considers non-unity load factor).
- Model cable physical charactersitics.
- Over 500 prebuilt underground cable raceways.
Ability to add user custom models.
Installation configurations includes:
- In the Air.
- Underground Duct Bank.
- Underground Direct Buried Conduits.
- Underground Direct Buried Cables.
> Request Form